Note to PHO2008 & DIS2601

siology is a collection of thoughts, inspirations and creative processes which have contributed to my practice in first, second, and now third year studying photomedia and art.

Sunday 6 May 2012

Final image


As discussed, the final page of my book will be a disruptive image which is a little obscured from the other images but still fits the overall concept of an empty shell. I've scoured the suburbs for 'the house', and this is it. At first I thought the graffiti, fencing and general tumbledownness of the house may be a problem, as I was originally intending to make a critique of the 'perfect' american dream style suburban home which is essentially soulless, despite its material charms. However I took a good look at the other images, especially the eggs, in my book. I realised they are not just fragile and empty, but also literally broken. So i felt the house I chose for the final image should also have an element of broken physicality about it, while still remotely resembling something that used to be whole and 'perfect'.

No comments:

Post a Comment