Note to PHO2008 & DIS2601

siology is a collection of thoughts, inspirations and creative processes which have contributed to my practice in first, second, and now third year studying photomedia and art.

Monday 11 July 2011

Bill Henson


First of all, I want his studio! It's amazing!
Secondly, I think Henson is probably one of my favourite studio photographers. As much as I obsess over photographing the stranger in his real environment, I definitely see the advantages of controlling your own lighting, models and having unlimited time to shoot over and over again til it's perfect. Although Henson's images are heavily fantastical and unreal, I think the subjects themselves look very pure and untouched. So the studio conditions are not effecting the 'realness' of the end result. I would like to play around with light and background a bit more and so a studio shoot might be on the cards next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment