Note to PHO2008 & DIS2601

siology is a collection of thoughts, inspirations and creative processes which have contributed to my practice in first, second, and now third year studying photomedia and art.

Sunday 24 July 2011

Miranda July

Me and You and Everyone We Know
I still haven't managed to get my hands on the entire film but the clips available on youtube are wonderful, this intro sequence especially sets a great mood and I love the way Miranda July tells a simple story of ordinary people with such basic film techniques, and manages to make it seem so special.



Hallway
another brilliant artwork by Miranda July. Though the original installation is unbeatable, I believe this video documentation is lovely in its own right and works as a stand-alone artwork. Something to consider when working with video art :)


The Hallway from The Hallway on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment