Note to PHO2008 & DIS2601

siology is a collection of thoughts, inspirations and creative processes which have contributed to my practice in first, second, and now third year studying photomedia and art.

Sunday 21 August 2011

Breakdown


Final video piece for digital audio/video project

An exploration of social pressures and expectation, freedom and self realisation.
Special thanks to Kate Haysom and my other helpers/support!

audio track by Frou Frou

I'm really pleased with the final result, considering the tiny time I had to make it in and even tinier experience with video art. If I were to refine this piece I would probably re-shoot (on the unlikely chance that Kate would re-volunteer!) with a lot more care and attention devoted to technical aspects of filming. Art direction was super tricky - keeping my backstage helpers out of the frame so that thepackage would appear to 'unwrap itself' - but with a second try I think we could simplify the camera angles down to just a stationary long shot and a mid-close up on hands/face. Also perhaps eliminating or changing the audio would heighten tension and really set a mood reminiscent of the internal struggle involved in personal growth/insight. Nonetheless I think the Frou Frou track does bring a level of positivity to the piece, which was my intention. I want the video to be fun, and encourage truth and freedom, which I believe the song 'Let  Go' really preaches: however it may be too literal - perhaps a pure instrumental piece would better create a subtler mood & meaning?

No comments:

Post a Comment