Note to PHO2008 & DIS2601

siology is a collection of thoughts, inspirations and creative processes which have contributed to my practice in first, second, and now third year studying photomedia and art.

Sunday 9 October 2011

Polaroid.com

A simple site but just lovely when I'm stuck for inspiration & ideas
The featured artists section is super handy!
These images are by Mike Karnell





I love these camera angles, the close-ups are very intimate and just what I've been imagining for a series on personal possession etc. I want to look at childhood memories and the unreliablity of nostalgia. I'd like to connect the memories to portraits of the people who remember the somehow, but not make an obvious connection and perhaps leave it up to the viewer to guess which memory belongs to and has shaped each individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment