Note to PHO2008 & DIS2601

siology is a collection of thoughts, inspirations and creative processes which have contributed to my practice in first, second, and now third year studying photomedia and art.

Sunday 2 October 2011

Pop Culture Overload

Some examples of youtube footage (click see more, below) I might like to rip into a very quick montage, as a sort of bombardment of pop culture/media influence. I could either project this onto a wall behind the performer, or onto the performer's body. I'm inclined toward the former because I'd like to identify the differences gap between these influences and the real world/person. I'm thinking of shooting my own footage of things directly familiar to me, like a close up of my bedsheets or the hands of my mother, and projecting these onto the performer's (my) body.
The pop culture montage could easily be a separate project to this, I'm not sure how much would be too much for a single video performance piece. But I intend to confuse and overload the audience with footage to some extent, as this is what I believe the media does.















No comments:

Post a Comment